What is MultaRadar CD Photo Radar?
Known as the MRCD, MultaRadar CD is a mobile photo radar technology from Jenoptik, typically deployed in a container box or a dedicated speed-measuring van or truck (mostly unmarked).
Since early 2016, Edmonton and Grande Prairie have upgraded all of their road-side photo radar equipments to the new MultaRadar CD. Several cities in Quebec (including Quebec City, Gatineau, and Montreal areas) also use MRCD photo radar.
What Frequency does MultaRadar use and can it be detected?
MRCD photo radar uses K-band, but it is FMCW (frequency modulated continuous wave) with changing frequencies and low power. This presents a problem for USA and North American tuned radar detectors which do not scan low end of 24.0GHz.
Since MRCD have been widely used in Europe and Australia, some international version of Escort radar detectors are very capable of detecting MRCD with very good advance warning.
Which radar detector can detect MultaRadar MRCD?
Uniden R7 - now featuring directional arrows with improved dual DSP antenna to sweep lower K-frequency, the R7 has become the best radar detector for Edmonton (780) area, with best-in-class radar performance.
Uniden R3 - Uniden has released the official firmware update to support MultaRadar (MRCD) as of October 5, 2018. These would make them the top choice for portable radar detectors on the market.
Escort Redline EX - the newest Redline EX offers long range detection, European bands, GPS Truelock + AutoLearn, and North American camera database.
- Radenso Pro-M - Radenso prides itself as the first company to properly detect MRCD while maintaining excellent filtering against false alerts.
NetRadar DSP is the best installed radar detector add-on for AL Priority users. It supports long range K/Ka band detection as well as MRCD.
- Radenso RC-M Remote - this is the best custom installed remote radar system available. It features long range detection, MRCD detection + filtering, and a GPS camera database.
Watch the following video for MRCD detection:
More questions on MultaRadar or radar detectors?
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-725-0338.
Related MultaRadar and Photo Radar Articles
- Disguised Photo Radar Box introduced in Edmonton
- Redline EX is Escort Radar's first North American version to support MRCD
Hidden pick-up truck operating photo radar:
Share this post
- Tags: 9500ci-intl, k-band, mrcd, multaradar, multaradar cd, photo radar, radenso rc-m, radenso rpse-m, redline international, redline intl, redline pro-a, rpme