What is MultaRadar CD Photo Radar?
Known as the MRCD, MultaRadar CD is a mobile photo radar technology from Jenoptik, typically deployed in a container box or a dedicated speed-measuring van or truck (mostly unmarked).
Since early 2016, Edmonton and Grande Prairie have upgraded all of their road-side photo radar equipments to the new MultaRadar CD. Several cities in Quebec (including Quebec City, Gatineau, and Montreal areas) also use MRCD photo radar.
What Frequency does MultaRadar CD use and can it be detected?
MRCD photo radar uses K-band, but it is FMCW (frequency modulated continuous wave) with changing frequencies and low power. This presents a problem for USA and North American tuned radar detectors which do not scan low end of 24.0GHz.
Since MRCD have been widely used in Europe and Australia, some international version of Escort radar detectors are very capable of detecting MRCD with very good advance warning.
Which radar detector can detect MultaRadar MRCD?
- Escort Max INTL - the international version of Passport Max supports MultaRadar and it has built-in GPS for Truelock with AutoLearn against false alarms.
- Escort Redline EX - the newest Redline EX offers long range detection, European bands, GPS Truelock + AutoLearn, and North American camera database. It's also fully stealth.
- Radenso Pro-M - the flag-ship Radenso radar detector now supports MultaRadar as well as GPS camera database for red-light and speed cameras.
- Net-Radar has just released its MRCD radar antenna add-on (remote installed) for ALP / RG to support current or future AL Priority users.
Watch the following video for MRCD detection:
More questions on MRCD, Escort International Models, or Net-Radar?
Contact us by email at email@example.com or call 604-725-0338.
Related MultaRadar and Photo Radar Articles
Hidden pick-up truck operating photo radar:
Share this post
- Tags: 9500ci-intl, k-band, mrcd, multaradar, multaradar cd, photo radar, radenso rc-m, radenso rpse-m, redline international, redline intl, redline pro-a, rpme