What is MultaRadar CD Photo Radar?
Known as the MRCD, MultaRadar CD is a mobile photo radar technology from Jenoptik, typically deployed in a container box or a dedicated speed-measuring van or truck (mostly unmarked).
Since early 2016, Edmonton and Grande Prairie have upgraded all of their road-side photo radar equipments to the new MultaRadar CD. Several cities in Quebec (including Quebec City, Gatineau, and Montreal areas) also use MRCD photo radar.
What Frequency does MultaRadar use and can it be detected?
MRCD photo radar uses K-band, but it is FMCW (frequency modulated continuous wave) with changing frequencies and low power. This presents a problem for USA and North American tuned radar detectors which do not scan low end of 24.0GHz.
Since MRCD have been widely used in Europe and Australia, some international version of Escort radar detectors are very capable of detecting MRCD with very good advance warning.
Which radar detector can detect MultaRadar MRCD?
- Radenso Pro-M - the flag-ship Radenso radar detector now supports MultaRadar as well as GPS camera database for red-light and speed cameras.
- Escort Redline EX - the newest Redline EX offers long range detection, European bands, GPS Truelock + AutoLearn, and North American camera database. It's also fully stealth.
- Net-Radar has just released its MRCD radar antenna add-on (remote installed) for ALP / RG to support current or future AL Priority users.
Watch the following video for MRCD detection:
More questions on MultaRadar or radar detectors?
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-725-0338.
Related MultaRadar and Photo Radar Articles
- Disguised Photo Radar Box introduced in Edmonton
- Radenso Pro-M is highly recommended for Edmonton drivers
- Redline EX is Escort Radar's first North American version to support MRCD
Hidden pick-up truck operating photo radar:
Share this post
- Tags: 9500ci-intl, k-band, mrcd, multaradar, multaradar cd, photo radar, radenso rc-m, radenso rpse-m, redline international, redline intl, redline pro-a, rpme