Radar Laser Detector Guide for Edmonton
Why do we write a radar detector buyer's guide for Edmonton, Alberta specifically? The answer is simple. Edmonton and the surrounding 780-areas are known to have the most ridiculous speed enforcements in Canada.
Whether the reason for such police enforcement and ticketing is road safety or for collecting revenue for the city and province, we are here to provide radar and laser countermeasure recommendations for motorists who live in Edmonton or frequently travel through Northern Alberta.
Different Types of Speed Enforcement in Edmonton
- MultaRadar (MRCD) photo radar - commonly spotted photo speed enforcement units in forms of a roadside truck or van, or hidden in form of a discrete container box, often seen on city streets.
- DragonEye LidarCam - this photo LIDAR enforcement is frequently seen on both highways and city roads, with operator sitting on an overpass, centre median, or roadside.
- Handheld LIDAR speed trap - these are handheld or tripod-mounted laser guns used by the EPS and other police agencies.
- Stationary and Moving Radar - police cruisers may be equipped with radar units, and can check vehicle speed while moving or in stationary.
Radar Detectors recommended for Edmonton
All of the recommended radar detector models below support MultaRadar photo radar detection as well as moving and stationary K/Ka band radar.
- Redline INTL - the international version of Escort Redline is one of the best-selling radar detector for Edmonton
- Passport Max INTL - a new portable radar detector that features GPS Truelock and MultaRadar CD support
- Net Radar (MRCD or Dual-antenna kit) - this is an installed remote radar add-on for AL Priority laser jammer.
- Escort 9500Ci INTL - the international version of Passport 9500ci is a stand-alone installed remote radar system (without laser jammer). It provides the same range as Redline MRCD, MultaRadar detection, and GPS Truelock.
If MultaRadar photo radar isn't a big concern, the following are also excellent detectors for highway driving in Northern Alberta.
- Radenso Radar - Both Radenso Pro SE and Radenso XP models provide excellent radar detection range with exceptional false alarm filtering
Laser Defense recommended for Edmonton
Laser jammer is absolutely crucial if you wish to save yourself from a laser / LIDAR ticket. Edmonton Police is known to be using the latest LIDAR technology in forms of both handheld guns as well as DragonEye photo LIDAR enforcement. AL Priority is the only laser defense system on the jammer market proven to defeat these new laser guns.
- AL Priority Laser System - the best laser jammer for Edmonton
Minimum ALP sensor requirement:
- 2-3x front sensors for protection against handheld LIDAR
- 2x rear sensors for protection against DragonCam photo LIDAR
Professional Installation in Edmonton
- We have authorized professional installer in Edmonton for AL Priority and other custom installed radar systems purchased from KMPH.
Radar Laser Package recommended for Edmonton
- Redline MRCD + AL Priority Bundle - you get a portable radar detector and an installed laser jammer
- Net Radar + AL Priority - an installed and fully integrated radar + laser system in one. ALP HiFi or ALP Bluetooth required.
- 9500ci INTL + AL Priority Package - installed as two separate remote systems
More questions about Edmonton's police technology or radar laser countermeasure?
Contact us and we will gladly help.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: 9500ci International, AL Priority, ALP laser jammer, DragonCam, DragonEye, DragonEye LidarCam, Edmonton laser jammer, Edmonton radar detector, laser jammer, MRCD, MultaRadar, photo radar, Redline International