Radar Laser Detector Guide for Edmonton
Why do we write a radar detector buyer's guide for Edmonton, Alberta specifically? The answer is simple. Edmonton and the surrounding 780-areas are known to have the most ridiculous speed enforcements in Canada.
Whether the reason for such police enforcement and ticketing is road safety or for collecting revenue for the city and province, we are here to provide radar and laser countermeasure recommendations for motorists who live in Edmonton or frequently travel through Northern Alberta.
Different Types of Speed Enforcement in Edmonton
- MultaRadar (MRCD) photo radar - commonly spotted photo speed enforcement units in forms of a roadside truck or van, or hidden in form of a discrete container box, often seen on city streets. MultaRadar is currently deployed across Edmonton and Grande Prairie, Alberta.
- DragonEye LidarCam - this photo LIDAR enforcement is frequently seen on both highways and city roads, with operator sitting on an overpass, centre median, or roadside.
- Handheld LIDAR speed trap - these are handheld or tripod-mounted laser guns used by the EPS and other police agencies.
- Stationary and Moving Radar (K / Ka bands) - police cruisers may be equipped with radar units, and can check vehicle speed while moving or in stationary.
Radar Detectors recommended for Edmonton
All of the recommended radar detector models below support MultaRadar photo radar detection as well as moving and stationary K/Ka band radar.
[Updated October 5, 2018] We are pleased to announce that the Uniden R1 and R3 now supports MultaRadar MRCD (and MRCT) photo radar via the latest 1.45 firmware update. Uniden R1 and R3 are currently the best-performing radar detectors on the market.
R3 supports GPS red-light and speed-on-green camera database which is updatable for free. We highly recommend it.
Redline EX features excellent radar performance, MultaRadar MRCD detection, camera database, Escort Live ready, Truelock + AutoLearn, and IVT filters. Redline EX is also a good detector for Edmonton.
Net Radar DSP is an installed remote radar add-on that integrates with AL Priority laser jammer. The new model supports both regular K/Ka radar as well as MultaRadar MRCD using a single DSP antenna. This is based on the same design used in the best-rated Uniden R1 and R3 for ultimate performance and filtering.
Laser Defence recommended for Edmonton
Laser jammer is absolutely crucial if you wish to save yourself from a laser / LIDAR ticket. Edmonton Police is known to be using the latest LIDAR technology in forms of both handheld guns as well as DragonEye photo LIDAR enforcement. AL Priority is the only laser defense system on the jammer market proven to defeat these new laser guns.
- AL Priority Laser System - the best laser jammer for Edmonton
- ALP Rear Defense Pack - must have for overpass DragonCam protection; TX sensor highly recommended
Recommended ALP sensor requirement:
- Learn more about the updated AL Priority configuration guide
Professional Installation in Edmonton
- We have authorized professional installer in Edmonton for AL Priority and other custom installed radar systems purchased from KMPH.
Radar Laser Package recommended for Edmonton
- Uniden R3 + AL Priority Bundle - Uniden R3 portable radar detector with ALP laser defence
- Redline EX + AL Priority Bundle - Redline EX portable radar detector with ALP laser defence
- NetRadar DSP + AL Priority HiFi Bundle - an installed and fully integrated radar + laser system in one.
- NetRadar DPS 360 + AL Priority Bluetooth HiFi Bundle - front and rear radar with front laser defence
More questions about Edmonton's police technology or radar laser countermeasure?
Contact us and we will gladly help.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: AL Priority, ALP laser jammer, DragonCam, DragonEye, DragonEye LidarCam, Edmonton laser jammer, Edmonton radar detector, laser jammer, MRCD, MultaRadar, photo radar, Radenso Pro-M, Redline EX, Redline International, Uniden R3