Radar Laser Detector Guide for Edmonton
Why do we write a radar detector buyer's guide for Edmonton, Alberta specifically? The answer is simple. Edmonton and the surrounding 780-areas are known to have the most ridiculous speed enforcements in Canada.
Whether the reason for such police enforcement and ticketing is road safety or for collecting revenue for the city and province, we are here to provide radar and laser countermeasure recommendations for motorists who live in Edmonton or frequently travel through Northern Alberta.
Different Types of Speed Enforcement in Edmonton
- MultaRadar (MRCD) photo radar - commonly spotted photo speed enforcement units in forms of a roadside truck or van, or hidden in form of a discrete container box, often seen on city streets.
- DragonEye LidarCam - this photo LIDAR enforcement is frequently seen on both highways and city roads, with operator sitting on an overpass, centre median, or roadside.
- Handheld LIDAR speed trap - these are handheld or tripod-mounted laser guns used by the EPS and other police agencies.
- Stationary and Moving Radar - police cruisers may be equipped with radar units, and can check vehicle speed while moving or in stationary.
Radar Detectors recommended for Edmonton
All of the recommended radar detector models below support MultaRadar photo radar detection as well as moving and stationary K/Ka band radar.
- Passport Max INTL - a new portable radar detector that features GPS Truelock and MultaRadar CD support
- Radenso Pro SE MultaRadar (Pro-M) - the new RPME is now shipping, featuring GPS camera database and MultaRadar MRCD.
- Redline EX - pre-order available for mid-September delivery. Redline EX features long range detection, MRCD, camera database, Escort Live ready, Truelock + AutoLearn, and IVT filters.
- Net Radar (MRCD or Dual-antenna kit) - this is an installed remote radar add-on for AL Priority laser jammer.
If MultaRadar photo radar isn't a big concern, the following are also excellent detectors for highway driving in Northern Alberta.
- Radenso Radar - Both Radenso Pro SE and Radenso XP models provide excellent radar detection range with exceptional false alarm filtering
- Uniden Radar - Uniden radar detectors offers the best performance to price ratio for the money.
Laser Defense recommended for Edmonton
Laser jammer is absolutely crucial if you wish to save yourself from a laser / LIDAR ticket. Edmonton Police is known to be using the latest LIDAR technology in forms of both handheld guns as well as DragonEye photo LIDAR enforcement. AL Priority is the only laser defense system on the jammer market proven to defeat these new laser guns.
- AL Priority Laser System - the best laser jammer for Edmonton
- ALP Rear Defense Pack - must have for overpass DragonCam protection
Recommended ALP sensor requirement:
- Learn more about the updated AL Priority configuration guide
Professional Installation in Edmonton
- We have authorized professional installer in Edmonton for AL Priority and other custom installed radar systems purchased from KMPH.
Radar Laser Package recommended for Edmonton
- Radenso Pro-MultaRadar + AL Priority Bundle - portable Radenso radar detector and an installed laser defense
- Redline EX + AL Priority Bundle - Redline EX (pre-order for mid-September) radar detector with ALP laser defense
- Net Radar + AL Priority - an installed and fully integrated radar + laser system in one. ALP HiFi or ALP Bluetooth required.
More questions about Edmonton's police technology or radar laser countermeasure?
Contact us and we will gladly help.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: 9500ci International, AL Priority, ALP laser jammer, DragonCam, DragonEye, DragonEye LidarCam, Edmonton laser jammer, Edmonton radar detector, laser jammer, MRCD, MultaRadar, photo radar, Redline International