As 2017 comes to an end, KMPH has also reached its 10th year anniversary since our company was first founded in Nov of 2007. We thank you all for your business and support, and wish you and your family happy holidays!
This article is written (year-end 2017) to summarize and review the best recommendation on radar and laser detectors and countermeasure for Canadians, and it will be updated throughout early 2018 should new products are released.
Best Radar Detectors for Canadians by Category
Best Over-all Performance
Best Bang for the Buck under $400
Best Stealth Radar Detector for Eastern Canada
Best Radar Detector for Edmonton and Grande Prairie
Best Laser Defence (Laser Jammer)
- Antilaser AL Priority (TX sensor configuration)
Best Installed Integrated Radar and Laser Defence
2017 Events in the Radar and Laser Industry
- ESCORT releases new custom installed MaxCi that failed to address DragonEye LIDAR threats, and later releases firmware update but still offer mediocre protection.
- ESCORT closed down Canadian manufacturing facility in Mississauga and moved production off shore to the Philippines.
- Uniden launched R-Series R1 and R3 models, and have been rated the best radar detectors of the year. KMPH became Canadian supplier for Uniden in September 2017.
- AL Priority released the new TX high power laser sensor to stay on top of new VPR and high-PPS LIDAR threats.
- KMPH teamed up with BPG AutoSound to showcase AL Priority at Hublot Diamond Rally and Luxury Supercar Weekend in Vancouver.
- NoLimits acquired Radenso Radar brand.
- Radenso released Pro-M radar detector, becoming the first detector with GPS to incorporate MultaRadar MRCD capability
- ESCORT launched 2nd generation Redline EX which now also includes MRCD detection, and GPS camera database.
- Radenso RC-M was debut at SEMA
- NetRadar DSP soon to be released in early 2018 will be based on the all-new digital platform for the best remote radar performance and filtering. It will also have MultaRadar capability. NR-DSP must be integrated with AL Priority laser defence system.
- Speculation that Uniden R1 and R3 will gain MultaRadar capability in early 2018 via firmware update (no hardware upgrade required).
Share this post